Friday, April 29, 2011

Junior Theme Blog #5. ITS OVER!!!!!

...for now.  As all American Studies students know, hours of revisions are looming ahead of us in this upcoming month.  These torrential April showers we've been having better bring some really pretty May flowers, because I'm going to need something positive while I revise my paper.  This is the second major research paper that I have done in my life, and the two could not have been more different.  The first one was just around this time last year, and it was a research paper for geography.  This paper was 6 pages single spaced, whereas my theme was seven pages, double spaced.  One might assume that with half as many pages in the theme, it would seem easy compared to my geography paper, right?
WRONG.  In my geography paper last year, I probably had about ten sources, and a half page single-spaced to explain my source.  This meant that I could elaborately explain my sources with ease.  In my theme, I had about 20 sources, and much less space to explain them in.  Anyone can explain a quote if given enough space to explain it, but it takes an extremely skilled writer to analyze a quote in a limited amount of space.  I fear that this may be one of the problems with my paper.  I applied much too lengthy analyses to some quotes, and that means some quotes were not explained enough.  Regardless of this problem,. I am still happy to be temporarily done with my theme, but I fear that happiness won't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment