Thursday, April 14, 2011

Junior Theme Blog #4

Well, as a follow up to my last blog, I DID schedule and hold an interview, which took place on this past Sunday.  I interviewed Neil Golden, who works for McDonalds.  It ran quite smoothly.  I asked all three questions that I planned to ask, and he was not reluctant.  He answered all of my questions fully, and gave me some great info that I know I will be able to use in my paper.  The interview lasted about seventeen minutes, and I was able to record the interview with my laptop.  The only issue was that, as Franklin Roosevelt might say, he "[spoke] softly, and [carried] a big stick". The big stick would be all of the info he provided, but he did speak quietly.  I had a little bit of trouble understanding him at some points.  I have finished transcribing the entire seventeen minutes, and have already selected a couple of quotes that might fit well into my paper.  Also, in terms of the paper itself, I have an outline that contains some quotes.  My plan is to start the essay itself in the second half of this period.  Hopefully in blog #5, I will be talking about how smoothly the paper is going, but one can never be too sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment