Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Kentucky Cycle

Last week, we started reading/acting plays from The Kentucky Cycle by Robert Schenkkan.  On Wednesday, I acted the part of Dragging Canoe, and did a less than impressive job of reading his Cherokee lines. My Great-Great Grandmother (a Cherokee) probably would have not been satisfied.  Anyways, I was not at school on Thursday or Friday.  I read the next two plays over the weekend, and noticed one thing in particular...

The "Rowen Watch".  This watch has been in all three of the plays that I have read.  The only other thing that has accompanied the watch throughout all three plays in Michael Rowen.  Now that he is dead, however, he will not be in any more plays, other than perhaps a memory of him.  I expect the watch to keep traveling through the plays.  I wonder if we talked about the meaning of the watch on Thursday or Friday.  What does the watch mean?  Is it merely something valuable that the characters want, or will it be revealed to have a hidden meaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment